Week 7! How is this possible? And am I going to say this every Monday from here on out?
New batch joined us this morning, so I’m trying to let go of that feeling that I should have Done Real Things with my morning. The supposed “real things” (involving bro-ing down and crushing some code?) didn’t happen. That’s okay. I’ve already met a handful of the new batch, and they’re awesome and have interesting and diverse backgrounds. Looking forward to getting to know them a bit better.
Brought in my new copy of The Affirmations Colouring Book (purchased at Bluestockings on a wandering post-dinner adventure with Melissa, Ian, and Nathan this weekend), which I’m leaving with RC, because coloring affirmations is pretty fabulous, and everyone here should get to do that if they’d like.
Went on an adventure to Soho Art Materials to pick up colored pencils & a sharpener to facilitate coloring the coloring book (also planning to leave them here). This last week has had a lot of “I want this crafty thing, but I do not want to own it and hoard it” (coloring stuff and also friendship bracelet materials: turns out they’re still a blast, because I am 7), and it’s kind of fun.
Wrote two blog posts (what!). Was baffled by reading the same programming resources I was working from last week, which wasn’t an awesome feeling. Went for a walk to acquire the aforementioned colored pencils. Partly colored one of the pages in the Affirmations book. Realized it was already about 6 pm, which seems absurd. Wanted to get More Code Done today, but hey, not all days can be mega productive.
- What I did:
- I shared a piece of advice with the new batch.
- I wrote three blog posts (including this one).
- I colored part of a page of the Affirmations book: “You don’t have to be good at everything.”
- I led a little lunchquest to Sweetgreen (we had a gluten-free person in our group, plus me the vegan, and SG can feed both easily!), and I didn’t get us too lost, and I got to spend time with three new batchlings.
- Went to the Monday night talk, which was awesome and went at about 300 mph.
- What I learned:
- Focusing on code; trying to interact with a bunch of new people…Possibly mutually exclusive?
- Just because I’ve understood something before doesn’t mean I understand it today. And that’s okay, because I suspect it might work in the other direction, too.
- Questions I have:
- Not really anything outstanding at the moment.